Farm/Equine Insurance


Equine/Stableowners Policy

The Farmowners/Stableowners Policy can cover the Dwelling(s), Contents, Outbuilding(s), Scheduled Farm Personal Property, Blanket Farm Personal Property and Liability limits up $1,000,000 all in one package policy.

Equine/Stable Liability Policy

The protection your need for commercial stable activities are vital for stable owners, trainers, instructors and for other in the Equine Business. Examples include but are not limited to:  Boarding, Breeding, Clinics, Horse Events (sales and shows), Private Lessons, Riding Academies, and Riding Clubs.

Equine/Care, Custody or Control

The Equine Care, Custody or Control insurance is an essential coverage for all horse operations which involve non-owned horses, including boarding, breeding and training. This coverage does not apply to horses that you own or lease.

Farm Home

A significant part of the protection provided by your farm property insurance is for the home in which you and your family live as well as its’ contents. Your policy provides coverage for:

  • The structure itself
  • Contents, such as furniture, appliances and personal property
  • Garages, gazebos and swimming pools
  • Liabilities from injuries to house guests

Farm Service / Out Buildings

An important part of your farm or ranch policy is the protection it offers for damage to farm or ranch buildings and structures. These buildings must be listed on your policy to be covered. In addition to barns, stables, pens, confinement buildings and sheds, other outbuildings include cold storage structures, rice dryers, nut hullers, packing houses, prune dehydrators and potato storage sheds, for example.

Blanket Coverage

A single policy on an insured property that covers more than one type of property at the same location, the same kind of property at more than one location, or two or more kinds or property at two or more locations. Homeowners insurance that covers personal possessions as well as the actual dwelling “blankets” all the homeowners’ goods.

Farm Liability

Farm liability insurance protects against liability lawsuits by providing coverage for farm, business, personal or auto exposures. Liability insurance can help protect your assets from lawsuits that sometimes cost millions of dollars. It can help save you from losing your business, home, property or investments.

Multi-Peril Crop

Multi-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) is the oldest and most common form of federal crop insurance. MPCI protects against crop yield losses by allowing participating producers to insure a certain percentage of historical crop production. A single policy protects crops against all natural perils including adverse weather, fire, insects, disease, wildlife, earthquake, volcanic eruption and failure of irrigation water due to unavoidable causes. It is delivered by private companies and reinsured by the federal government.

Crop Hail Damage

Buying a crop insurance policy is a risk management tool available to agricultural producers. Producers should consider how a policy will work in conjunction with their other risk management strategies to insure the best possible outcome each crop year. Crop insurance agents and other agri-business specialists can assist producers in developing a good management plan. RMA provides policies for more than 100 crops. Policies typically consist of general crop insurance provisions, specific crop provisions, policy endorsements and special provisions. See RMA’s county crop program listings for information about crop policies available in specific counties and states. Policies are available for most commodities; however, some policies are being tested as pilots or have not been expanded nationwide so are not available in all areas.